Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Back after so long!!! Phew!!!! I was just lost in my soul...I found something very very (Indian English I say!!! emphasizing my astonishment by repetitive usage of the word very, please forgive) astounding today, so I thought what better topic to write if not this?

My best friend of college came up to meet me from Pune.It is always the most awaited event for me just like Oscars are for celebrities, well I may not be a celebrity and she might not be the so called queen of this world, yes but for sure we are our own favorites in our own worlds and the best mates!!!

So, we went shopping, girl’s favorite stress buster, I must admit that I am not prodigal not because I am a hoarder but the fact that I fail to infer the requisite of so many appurtenances in my life and in a way try to keep myself and my life elementary.
I have always wondered on muliebrity.Is femininity synonym for redacting formulations on lifelike?I never had this urge to buy myself colors or clips, nah!!! That’s not me :) yeah but loads of Metallica CDs instead but she is the one who is perpetually encouraging me to be little more feminine :)and I ask for whom?? And for what and why!!!!

I still haven't found the answers though but yes she got successful in her own way to bring visible colorful changes in me.
So, we set down in C.P(I am really lucky to be born in dilli ,,and i am a pakka dilliwala) though I indispose myself as I fail to put up with latest trends. We gazed on some street stuff, her all time favorite are those hanging gardens and I fail to get the purpose they solve except for another extensions,well I am talking about earrings :)

The lady on the street and the owner of those junks when asked by us about the price told her that she can get those in mere 400 bucks...you see it... :) , we stared in amazement at each others face because the same design we had already taken from Palika in mere 20 Rs :).Not to mention that even the original's one I bargained 80% of the original cost (all thanks to my mother, I acquired this art from her),so we were in a state of seismic disturbances.
Now here is the topic of my blog, the above was just a prologue.

The Lady......


My My!!! Oh My!!! Delhi is full of rattling crowd; you can find motley of men and women here,I am just amazed and really don't know if someone at my place would be that amazed as I was ,but for me it is one of the mind opening life experience.

She had mellifluous voice, most definitely the one we would love to hear all day and all night long. Such a sophistication such a beauty in her voice as if she just came from some Queen's Land.

We bargained or to be precise I bargained, and she refused, said "Madam I am sitting here on this street from so many years and making all this jewelry by my own hands, this is pure silver, what can I do when silver prices have risen so much."
We giggled, she said "Madam no problem, Please do come if you in any case change your mind."

And I ended the conversation in my Hindi "Thank you, hum aenge agar hamein acha laga toh apke pass." and very gently she reverted, “My Pleasure.”, not in the language we conversed but in English and I got so carried away that what the heck is this man!!

A lady sitting in dust on streets, loaded with sweats and smells but still she sat with poise as that of a Queen and smiled as if she had nothing to lose and die for what people would say about her charms. She carried herself with grace and spoke so fluently with so much authority and attitude.

This goes to show so many points.

1. If a person has the will to work then he can do any kind of work provided enthusiasm is there. So discourage begging.

2. Resources do not always help, though they might give an aid, but NO, Again if someone has that fire to live with dignity, even without four walls one can still become a nice salesman.

As we all know the cost of a small land in C.P. She said in her own words."Madam the only difference is I do not have a shop".

3. Woman is THE best creation of this lord; she has all the power to stay dignified. A girl from high-class may not portray expected demeanor in spite of all the facilities given but at the same time poverty do not snatch away the dignity from other till she does not let it go by herself.

4. I have always loved traveling alone with open mind or with someone who matches up with my frequency so that I can accumulate as much as I can. So travel and travel alone with empty cups.

5. Education does not necessarily cultivate good manners, it is constitutional.

We did not buy anything from there, but we definitely learned so many good things from her and moved on with new zeal.

I have always admired hardworking men with chivalry, honesty and the ones treasuring their words, but here I would definitely like to mention that by far and yes by far women are the best, they truly are, and I am not being prejudiced or biased here but I always support the weaker section of our society in every possible way I can.

And yes Delhi!!! You rock girl :) if you want to see people full of life please see my city :)

Wishing all the mothers on earth out there "Happy Mother's Day"

I hope I lived up to the expectations for few and not for many.

I will keep writing on topics I find worth pondering, till then as I always say -
Keep Smiling and Stay Stylish.

6 comments:

  1. very nice... keep posting more of such good stuff.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one...if u want that people who are related to you can remember you with pride & respect and also don't ignore you......
    sirf ek hi tarika hai ''boss''.... that is your way of talking....
    i think u’ll never forget that lady.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool one....
    sai hain behen aur mehanat kar...
    bas agar itni mehnat nu ke liye kar deti..to uthar ho jata :).....

    ReplyDelete
  4. NU ka udhar karne ke liye baaki log hain me jara samaaj ka karu..NU to moh maya hain :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aur kam kha...
    taaki jaldi se shaadi ho sake...
    aur in kamo se durr hoon.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one.. got the message but could have been more expressive especially the incident ;) .. anyways wonderful pic...

    ReplyDelete